1. DESCRIPTION, WINNER DETERMINATION AND PRIZE(S): The PFL 2021 Perfect Bracket Challenge ("Challenge") is the Professional Fighters League’s online prediction challenge for the 2021 Playoffs and Championship. The Challenge is both sponsored and administered by Professional Fighters League, LLC (“Sponsor”, “Administrator” or “PFL”). THIS CHALLENGE IS DEVISED AS A NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION and is intended solely for entertainment purposes. No purchase is necessary to play. The Challenge is based on the results of the PFL 2021 Playoffs and Championship (the “Tournament”). The Tournament consists of Semifinal and Championship bouts in six (6) separate weight classes, for a total of eighteen (18) separate bouts. Entrants (defined below), based on their skill, knowledge and understanding of Tournament participants, must make their predictions for the winner of each bout following the submission procedures described herein. For the purpose of the Challenge, the “winner” is the bout contestant that advances or is declared the champion based on PFL’s Official Rules, which are subject to change without advance notice, when published by PFL to the PFLmma.com website. Entrants must also predict the Manner of Victory (defined below) of each Championship bout. This information will only be used to determine the winner if there is more than one Perfect Bracket (defined below). Failure to predict the Manners of Victory may result in a loss of the Tie-Breaker (as described below). Each Entrant may submit one (1) Challenge entry. If an Entrant exceeds the entry limitations, the Entrant will be disqualified and no prize(s) will be awarded to such Entrant. The Challenge registration opens on August 4, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. EDT. Entrants, based on their skill, knowledge and understanding of Tournament competitors, must make their Predictions and any changes to the bracket Predictions for a given bout by 8:30p.m. EDT on August 13, 2021 (“Selection Period”). If one or more bout contestants or match-ups change after the Selection Period ends, all Entrants will be given the opportunity to update their picks for the applicable bout(s) by logging back in to their PFL Account no later than three (3) hours before the start time of the applicable event. Entrants who predict the winners of all eighteen (18) bouts correctly according to the submission procedures described herein (“Perfect Brackets”) and who win the Tie-Breaker, if necessary, (“Potential Winners”) will be eligible to win the Challenge. The Potential Winner or Potential Winners will split evenly ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS ($100,000) (the “Collective Prize” and each part thereof a “Prize”). Each Entrant, regardless of the number of entries submitted, is eligible to receive one (1) Prize. If there are no Perfect Brackets, the Collective Prize will not be awarded to anyone.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Challenge is open only to legal United States residents residing in the fifty (50) United States and Washington D.C., who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of legal majority in their state of primary residence at time of entry (“Entrant”). Each Entrant must be the rightful owner of the e-mail address identified in the Entrant's entry at the time of registration. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the person in whose name the email account was opened. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, contractors, and representatives of Administrator and the Athletic Commissions overseeing the Tournament, Fighters and agents and representatives of Fighters participating in the Tournament, CarParts.com, Inc., together with the Immediate Family Members and/or Household Members of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Challenge. Challenge void where prohibited. "Household Members” are those people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year and "Immediate Family Members" means parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, and spouses.
3. HOW TO REGISTER AND MAKE PREDICTIONS: To participate in the Challenge, you must have a PFLmma.com account (“PFL Account”). Registration for a PFL Account is free of charge. To register for a PFL Account, visit pflmma.com and follow the links and instructions to create a PFL Account. In order to successfully create a PFL Account, each user must submit their name, email address, date of birth and zip code. Additionally, each user must create a user name and password. Once registered, or if you already have a PFL Account, go to: pflmma.com/ (the “Website”) during the Selection Period, log into your account, and follow the instructions to register for the Challenge and select Predictions (the “Challenge Registration”). Entrants must confirm that they have read, understand and agree to these Official Rules when they register. No changes or revisions to the Predictions will be permitted after the Selection Period. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. All information provided by Entrant becomes the property of Administrator. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT ENTRIES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED.
4. TIE-BREAKERS: In the event that there is more than one Perfect Bracket, a tie-breaker (“Tie-Breaker”) will be employed to determine the Potential Winner(s).
Failure to predict a Manner of Victory in the Championship fights will result in a loss of the Tie-Breaker. “Manner of Victory” means a win by KO, TKO, submission, or decision, which will be determined by the official result immediately after the bout. In the event a bout ends in a draw, no contest or disqualification, that result will be disregarded for the purpose of the Tie-Breaker.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Winner(s) will be notified via email at the email address listed in their Challenge Registration (“Notified Entrants”). Notified Entrants will be required to respond as directed to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours of first attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of eligibility. Each Notified Entrant will be required to verify eligibility and to execute via email link within five (5) days a Declaration of Compliance/liability release and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues. Each Notified Entrant must provide Administrator with a valid social security number and any requested tax documentation before being declared a Winner and before a Prize will be awarded. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of each Winner. The failure of any Notified Entrant to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the Prize. If there are other Potential Winners, the Grand Prize will be reallocated among the Potential Winner(s). If there are no other Potential Winners, Administrator may reassess the remaining Perfect Brackets, if any, according to the Tie-Breaker to re-award the Grand Prize. Prizes will not be awarded until all such properly executed forms are returned.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Challenge is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. In the event that the Challenge is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Challenge, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such an event Sponsor shall have no liability to any entrants who are disqualified due to such an action. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Challenge and/or by accepting any Prize, each Entrant agrees to release and indemnify the Administrator and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions, CarParts.com, Inc., and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Challenge and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize. Acceptance of a Prize authorizes the Administrator and their assigns to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, throughout the universe in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Administrator is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at the Administrator’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. By entering the Challenge, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Challenge, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Challenge, but in no event will Entrant’s attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out of pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or Declarations, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, or from participation in the Challenge; (v) the Entrant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Challenge. Administrator assumes no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant’s computer system, which is occasioned by accessing the Website, or participating in the Challenge, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Challenge (or any portion of the Challenge) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Challenge and, in such situation, to determine the winner(s) from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Administrator. Administrator may prohibit you from participating in the Challenge or winning a Prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Administrator representatives. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGE. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINISTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR THE ADMINISTRATOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CHALLENGE OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CHALLENGE, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. IN NO EVENT WILL THE ADMINISTRATOR, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, CARPARTS.COM, INC., THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, WEB MASTERS/SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES, THE CHALLENGE AND THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE ADMINISTRATOR HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Challenge, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Challenge, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any Prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “Rules”). The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the AAA pursuant to the Rules, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the Entrant and Sponsor. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Entrant may have entered into in connection with the Challenge. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Entrant’s and/or Administrator’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the Entrant or Released Parties. For more information on the AAA and/or the Rules, please visit their website at www.adr.org. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. GAMBLING PROHIBITION: This Challenge is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
12. ADMINISTRATOR/SPONSOR: Professional Fighters League, LLC, 320 West 37th St, New York, NY 10018.
13. LIST OF WINNERS: For the list of winners, send an email to: [email protected] with WINNERS & 01-2707-01 in the subject line. Winners List will be sent after the Prize(s) have been awarded.
Eligibility: NO ENTRY FEE, PAYMENT, OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES (INCLUDING DC) AS OF THE DATE OF YOUR ENTRY TO ENTER AND BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THE PROMOTION CONTAINS A GAME OF CHANCE (“SWEEPSTAKES”). Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, contractors, and representatives of Sponsor, together with the Immediate Family Members and/or Household Members of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. "Household Members” are those people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year and "Immediate Family Members" means parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, and spouses.
Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor is Professional Fighters League, LLC, 320 West 37th Street, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10018 (“Sponsor”). The Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747 (“Administrator”).
Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins August 4, 2021 at 12:01am EDT and ends on August 13, 2021 at 8:30pm EDT (“Entry Period”). The computer clock of the Sponsor’s webmaster is the official time-keeping device in the promotion.
To Enter: Sweepstakes “Valid Entries” will require entrants to complete the following during the Entry Period:
ENTRY METHOD: To submit an entry into the Sweepstakes, entrants must submit a bracket in the PFL 2021 Bracket Challenge (as outlined below)
Entry Limit: Each entrant may make one submission as defined in these Official Rules for the PFL 2021 Bracket Challenge.
Ineligible or Disqualified Entries; Limitation of Liability: Any entrant who attempts to use multiple accounts, multiple email addresses, or multiple identities or uses any other device or artifice to submit multiple entries or to interfere with the proper play of the Sweepstakes will be disqualified from participation in the Sweepstakes.
Dispute as to Entrant: In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the entrant shall be considered the person who is the authorized account holder of the email address which the entry was submitted to the Sweepstakes. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the account.
Winner Drawing: Two (2) winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about August 16, 2021 from among all qualified valid entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of Valid Entries received. The Sweepstakes random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters regarding the Sweepstakes.
Travel must take place on the dates specified by Sponsor surrounding the Championship. or prize will be forfeited. All fees and expenses (such as security fees, gratuities, luggage fees, meals and ground transportation, and incidental charges) related to acceptance and uses of the travel prizes not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). In the event a winner lives within one-hundred fifty (150) miles of Fort Lauderdale, round-trip ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation will be provided. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Winners and respective travel companions must travel together on the same itinerary. Seat selection and timing of trip subject to confirmation of reservations. Major credit card required at check-in to cover any incidental charges. Travel companion must be 18 years of age or older at time of travel and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (including DC). Winner’s travel companion will be required to execute a release of liability prior to travel. If the winner elects to travel or participate in the prize travel with no travel companion, no additional compensation will be awarded for the travel companion portion of prize. If the winner elects to travel or participate in prize travel with more than one (1) travel companion, such additional travel companion shall be responsible for any and all costs associated with such travel. Prize winner and travel companion must possess valid travel documents (i.e., a valid government-issued photo ID, etc.) and travel on the same itinerary. Prize winners and travel companions are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets will not be replaced or exchanged. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any air carrier(s) or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the Prize winner's and his/her travel companion's transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the Prize winner, his/her travel companion and such transportation companies. All travelers must also pass any required medical testing and comply with any additional requirements, at any time, that may be required or recommended by any government agency, airline, or Sponsor, including without limitation, passing one or more COVID-19 antigen and screening tests, and testing negative for COVID-19 or having been vaccinated against COVID-19. Travelers may also be required to execute any assumption of risk and/or other documents relating to COVID-19 or he/she may not be permitted to travel or attend the Championship.
In the event a Prize winner and/or travel companion engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the travel early, and send that Prize winner and/or travel companion(s) home (at winner/travel companion’s own expense) with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to Prize winner and/or travel companion(s) (which may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in that Prize winner’s disqualification from the Sweepstakes and forfeiture of any prize. In the event a Prize winner or travel companion engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects that Prize winner or travel companion(s) to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Prize winner or travel companion(s) as a result of such conduct. SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL RELATED TO THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF A PRIZE WINNER’S OR TRAVEL COMPANION’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
Winners’ List: To obtain a winners’ list, send an email to: [email protected] with WINNERS & 01-2707-01 in the subject line. Winners List will be sent after the Prizes have been awarded.. All requests in regard to the prize winners must be received by 09/30/2021.
Legal: The sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. In the event that the Sweepstakes is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Sweepstakes, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such an event Sponsor shall have no liability to any entrants who are disqualified due to such an action. Employees of Sponsor or its agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter. Standard data charges apply. By entering this Sweepstakes, you understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, including its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, owners, members and directors from and against any and all claims, demands, expenses, losses and liabilities of any nature whatsoever caused or contributed to by entering or participating in the sweepstakes, the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. Obscene, provocative, lewd or otherwise objectionable content or that which reflects poorly on Sponsor will not be considered and the determination of the appropriateness of any photo/caption submitted is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time without notice or further obligation and in the event of cancellation a drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that the entrant is attempting or likely to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, including by cheating, hacking, deception, use of automated quick entry programs or other unfair playing practices, or intends or is likely to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
© 2021 PFL 320 West 37th Street, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10018Back to Bracket